Re: bo-updates packages

mbaker@iee.org (Mark Baker) writes:

> In article <[🔎] E0xdHzS-00031k-00@burrito.onshore.com>,
> 	apharris@onshore.com (Adam P. Harris) writes:
>
> > The issue of keeping Debian bo crunchy and fresh w/o inhibiting the bold
> > experimentalism of the hamm lineage is critical to Debian's success.
>
> It hopefully won't be a problem once hamm is released. With a completely new
> set of libraries it is not possible to run hamm packages on a bo system, but
> hopefully debian 2.1 packages will run on a hamm system correctly; I can't
> see much point in going to a lot of effort to fix a temporary problem.

Well, this temporary problem lasts since quite a while now and i fear
that it will last for quite a while longer. I don't expect Debian-2.0
to happen earlier than somewhere at the end of january next year. So
why not update some crucial packages for bo resulting maybe in a minor
interim release? How about perl-5.004, the current bash and a few
other important goodies?
                                 Cheers, P. *8^)
--
   Paul Seelig                         pseelig@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de