Re: ldconfig warnings

Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu> writes:

> In my experience, the warnings have come from dangling symlink in the
> lib directories.  I'm not sure how they get there.

The dangling symlink could either be from a package which doesn't
include the symlink that ldconfig would create, or because the
lib*-dev package is installed without lib+, and the .so link is
dangling.

Both are bugs, as the lib* package should create the symlink, and the
lib*-dev package should depend on the lib* package.

ldconfig also updates the cache, so it must still be run even if the
symlink is included in the package.

Guy