Re: Non-maintainer release of python-1.5 appreciated ?

I'm willing to take over maintenance of python in order to get python
1.5 into the Debian 2.0 release.

I have a libc6 version of python 1.4 at home that fixes several of the
bugs and brings it up to date with current policy.  I have it
installed now and have so far not had any problems.  (My code doesn't
go into python's dark corners, though.)

I mailed Klee when I started work on this, but I have so far not
had any reply.  I guess I should try another mail.

I can make my version available to anyone who wants to base a
non-maintainer release on it.  I am not willing to make a non-maintainer
release of this magnitude myself.

Richard Braakman