Re: Plan to package xscavenger

On Sun, Dec 14, 1997 at 03:34:34PM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> I intend to package xscavenger, a lode runner like game (remember the good
> old commodore 64 days?).
>
> To be honest, I already did. I also contacted the author, and we work
> together on a new upstream release.
>
> The whole thing is GPL, and it includes a level editor and some dozen
> levels, sound and nice animations. Oh, you can create own animations, too.
>
> However, there is an issue with the sound server. It was taken from koules,
> and Hubicka took it from xgalaga. I will check this soon.
>
> As soon I become registered as a developer, I will upload my package.

I've already packaged version 1.3 - it's in hamm. I changed the locations of
the files to fit in with Debian and changed things so that everything is
called xscavenger rather than half being xscavenger and half being scavenger.

I wasn't aware of the sound server problem as the README said it was GPLed.

You certainly welcome to take maintainership. If you have a look at
debian/dists/unstable/main/source/games/
their should be a file called "xscavenger-1.3-1_i386.diff.gz (or something
like that) which has all the changes I made to it - you should keep the
changelog file, but the rest can be changed.

PS: You wouldn't know how to do level 13 would you - I'm stuck and I can't
think of any other possible combinations I can do :-) There is no way to
get back inside the yang-yang once you have gone outside it AFAIK, and when
I get the bottom lot of gems, the man kills me as he is right behind me :-(

Cheers

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@poboxes.com       | Debian Linux - www.debian.org
http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett   | Because bloated, unstable
PGP key available on public key servers  | operating systems are from MS