Re: non-DFSG section and CD distributers

Hi,

> Another expression of the same:
> - We do not tolerate other views, approaches, or principles

	Rubbish. I tolerate DEC just fine. I see nothing wrong with
 people writing proprietary software. I just want Debian to be
 free.

>- We are always right and we must be right and others
>  must do things the way we have "demonstrated" it.

	Others can do as they damn well please. We, however, shall do
 as the DFSG states we shall act. Have you ever seen us tell
 miscrosoft how to act?

> - If you do not play by our rules then we dont play

	Right. This is called ethics.

>- We are unable to cooperate with others since we will
>  reject all compromise.

	Yes, we refuse to compromise our values just to play lackey to
 other interests. We always co-operate with free software developers.

> - We will insist on our words and the meaning we give them.
>  We have are the right (tm) software worldview.

	Yes, we are unequivocal, and we mean what we say. We even
 define the terms we use so there is no room for misunderstanding or
 newspeak.

>- We do not bother with inferior low lifes who have
>  not seen the (GPL) life yet and are refusing to understand
>  that we mean GPL when we say free.

	You are the one making the value judgement. Is internet
 explorer free? People say that it is, since there is no up-front cost
 to it. Is Nestscape almost free, since it only costs $50? We define
 what we mean when we talk about free software. What's so hard to
 understand?

>- We believe one day all the world will only use GPL software...

	Hope. Not believe, Hope. Imagine ...

> In short: You better have nothing to do with us.

	..if you are a nasty non-free software write ;-). Stronder
 than I'd put it, but we need *someone* to prmote the concept of free
 software. We are it, I guess.

> Excellent PR.

	I agree.

> Sounds like the seventies or some other nasty ideology of the
> past. We live in the Postmodern age. Wake up.

	The seventies had ideology? And what is the postmodern mantra?
 Me, me, me first? Whatever works? We have no ethics? We shall sell to
 the highest bidder?

	manoj

--
 "I prefer the blunted cudgels of the followers of the Serpent God."
 Sean Doran the Younger