Re: non-DFSG section and CD distributers

Hi,

> > Another expression of the same:
> > - We do not tolerate other views, approaches, or principles
>
> 	Rubbish. I tolerate DEC just fine. I see nothing wrong with
>  people writing proprietary software. I just want Debian to be
>  free.

Free of what? :)

> >- We are always right and we must be right and others
> >  must do things the way we have "demonstrated" it.
>
> 	Others can do as they damn well please. We, however, shall do
>  as the DFSG states we shall act. Have you ever seen us tell
>  miscrosoft how to act?

No, but I've seen Bruce telling Intel how to act and in which form to
present us with bugfix.

> > - If you do not play by our rules then we dont play
>
> 	Right. This is called ethics.

Or rudeness.

> >- We are unable to cooperate with others since we will
> >  reject all compromise.
>
> 	Yes, we refuse to compromise our values just to play lackey to
>  other interests. We always co-operate with free software developers.

And WE will decide who's writing free software.

> > - We will insist on our words and the meaning we give them.
> >  We have are the right (tm) software worldview.
>
> 	Yes, we are unequivocal, and we mean what we say. We even
>  define the terms we use so there is no room for misunderstanding or
>  newspeak.

Yeah-yeah. With Social Contract full of statements which potentialy can
be treated any way you like. For pointing to them I was awarded a title of
"Talmudic Interpreter" by out project leader.

> >- We do not bother with inferior low lifes who have
> >  not seen the (GPL) life yet and are refusing to understand
> >  that we mean GPL when we say free.
>
> 	You are the one making the value judgement. Is internet
>  explorer free? People say that it is, since there is no up-front cost
>  to it. Is Nestscape almost free, since it only costs $50? We define
>  what we mean when we talk about free software. What's so hard to
>  understand?

Exactly, but even WE agree on different levels of freeness:
we have non-us, non-free (which is still free in some sense - can be
distributed on our ftp site, etc.). Why not be clear on what we mean
each time?

> >- We believe one day all the world will only use GPL software...
>
> 	Hope. Not believe, Hope. Imagine ...

This would be a nightmare we had in Russia with everything and everybody
"free" ...  Brrr...

> > In short: You better have nothing to do with us.
>
> 	..if you are a nasty non-free software write ;-). Stronder
>  than I'd put it, but we need *someone* to prmote the concept of free
>  software. We are it, I guess.

Free for the sake of free? Or free for the sake of someting else?
I stand for the second one.

> > Excellent PR.
>
> 	I agree.

I don't.