My first libc5 free server

I just did remove libc5 from my experimental server and its ok.

I upgraded a few packages to libc6 (see debian-devel-changes). Most
important problems:

e2fsprogs : I rebuild it myself with libc6

ssh, pgp: Get the newest releases from incoming non-us

libpwdb,symlinks and a few others : get newest release from incoming.

I have a fully working system now without any packages that depnds on
libc5!!!

Here is the package list:

Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge
||/ Name            Version        Description
+++-===============-==============-============================================
ii  adduser         3.7            Add users and groups to the system.
ii  ae              962-15         Anthony's Editor -- a tiny full-screen edito
ii  anacron         1.0.6          a cron-like program that doesn't go by time
ii  autoconf        2.12-3         automatic configure script builder.
ii  automake        1.2-1          A tool for generating GNU Standards-complian
ii  base-files      1.3.5          Debian Base System Miscellaneous Files
ii  base-passwd     1.3.2          Debian Base System Password/Group Files
ii  bash            2.01-5         The GNU Bourne Again SHell
ii  bc              1.04-2         An arbitrary precision calculator language.
ii  bible-kjv       4.00-3         King James Version of the Bible. Old textbas
ii  biff            0.10-1         a mail notification tool
ii  bin86           0.13.0-2       16-bit assembler and loader
ii  bind            8.1.1-4        An Internet domain name server
ii  bind-doc        8.1.1-3        Domain name server documentation
ii  binutils        2.8.1-2        The GNU assembler, linker and binary utiliti
ii  bison           1.25-10        A parser generator that is compatible with Y
ii  boa             0.93.7         Lightweight and High Performance WebServer
ii  bsdmainutils    4.0            More utilities from 4.4BSD-Lite.
ii  bsdutils        4.0            Basic utilities from 4.4BSD-Lite.
ii  bug             2.95           Bug Reporting Tool interfacing with the Bug
ii  chos            0.80-0.1       Easy Boot loader with a Boot-Menu
ii  chris-cust      0.4            Christoph's Preferred Customizations
ii  comerr2         1.10-7.1       The Common Error Description library - share
ii  cpio            2.4.2-12       GNU cpio -- a program to manage archives of
ii  cpp             2.7.2.3-3      The GNU C preprocessor.
ii  cron            3.0pl1-39.1    management of regular background processing
ii  cucipop         1.21-1         Cubic Circle's POP3 daemon
ii  data-dumper     2.07-1         Store and retrieve perl data structures
ii  dc              1.04-2         An arbitrary precision reverse-polish calcul
ii  debian-policy   2.3.0.1        Debian Policy Manual and related documents
ii  debianutils     1.6            Miscellaneous utilities specific to Debian.
ii  debmake         3.5.4          Debianizing Tool and automatized binary gene
ii  debsums         1.0            Tools to handle md5sums for installed packag
ii  defrag          0.70-2         defragmenter for ext2 minix xiafs file syste
ii  devscripts      1.1            Scripts to make the life of a Debian Package
ii  dftp            3.2-1          Linux "Debian Distribution" Packages Maintai
ii  dialog          0.9a-10.2      Displays user-friendly dialog boxes from she
ii  diff            2.7-14         File comparison utilities
ii  dnsutils        8.1.1-4        Utilities for querying the DNS
ii  dpkg            1.4.0.19       Package maintenance system for Debian Linux
ii  dpkg-dev        1.4.0.19       Package building tools for Debian Linux
ii  dpkg-ftp        1.4.9          Ftp method for dselect.
ii  dpkg-mountable  0.5            Enhanced access method for dselect
ii  dwww            1.4.1-1        Read all on-line documentation via WWW
ii  e2fsprogs       1.10-7.1       The EXT2 file system utilities and shared li
ii  ed              0.2-14         The classic unix line editor
ii  epic            3.004-3        Modified ircII client with additional functi
ii  epic4           pre1.028-2     EPIC is the Enhanced Programmable IRC-II Cli
ii  fakeroot        0.0-9          Gives a fake root environment.
ii  fdflush         1.0.0-11       A disk-flushing program.
ii  fdutils         5.2pl3-2       Linux floppy utilities
ii  fetchmail       4.3.2-1        POP2/3, APOP, IMAP mail gatherer/forwarder
ii  file            3.20.1-8       Determines file type using "magic" numbers
ii  fileutils       3.16-5         GNU file management utilities.
ii  findutils       4.1-25         utilities for finding files--find, xargs, an
ii  flex            2.5.4a-1       A fast lexical analyzer generator.
ii  gcc             2.7.2.3-3      The GNU C compiler.
ii  gdb             4.16-11        The GNU Debugger
ii  gmp             2.0.2-3        Multiprecision arithmetic library
ii  grep            2.1-2          GNU grep, egrep and fgrep.
ii  groff           1.10-4         GNU troff text-formatting system.
ii  gs-aladdin      5.03-1         Postscript interpreter with X11 and svgalib
ii  gsfonts         4.01-5         Fonts for the ghostscript interpreter
ii  gzip            1.2.4-18       The GNU compression utility.
ii  hdparm          3.3-2          Tune hard disk parameters for high performan
ii  hostname        2.03           A utility to set/show the host name or domai
ii  hwtools         0.3-3          Hardware Tools: irqtune , scanport, scsiinfo
ii  iamerican       3.1.20-0.2     An American English dictionary for ispell.
ii  ibritish        3.1.20-0.2     A British English dictionary for ispell.
ii  inewsinn        1.7-1          NNTP client news injector, from InterNetNews
ii  info            3.9-5          Standalone GNU Info documentation browser
ii  info2www        1.2.2.9-9      Read Info files with a WWW browser
ii  ircd            2.9.32-5       Undernet IRC Server
ii  ispell          3.1.20-0.2     An interactive spelling corrector
ii  jered           1.6.1-1        Simple C/C++ text editor with color
ii  ldso            1.9.6-2        The Linux dynamic linker, library and utilit
ii  le              1.4.0-1        Text Editor with block and binary operations
ii  less            332-2          A file pager program, similar to more(1)
ii  lftp            0.13.1-1       Sophisticated command-line FTP client progra
ii  libbfd2.8.1     2.8.1-2        The GNU Binary File Descriptor library (run-
ii  libbfd2.8.1-dev 2.8.1-2        The GNU Binary File Descriptor library (deve
ii  libc6           2.0.5c-0.1     The GNU C library version 2 (run-time files)
ii  libc6-dev       2.0.5c-0.1     The GNU C library version 2 (development fil
ii  libelfg0        0.6.4-8        an ELF object file access library
ii  libg++272       2.7.2.8-0.1    The GNU C++ libraries (libc6 version).
ii  libg++272-dev   2.7.2.8-0.1    The GNU C++ libraries (libc6 version).
ii  libgdbmg1       1.7.3-21       GNU dbm database routines (runtime version).
ii  libgdbmg1-dev   1.7.3-21       GNU dbm database routines (development files
ii  libjpegg6a      6a-7           The Independent JPEG Group's jpeg library (r
ii  libnet-perl     1.0502-1       Implementation of Internet protocols for Per
ii  libpaperg       1.0.3-5        Library for handling paper characteristics [
ii  libpcap0        0.4a2-1        System interface for user-level packet captu
ii  libpng0g        0.96-3         PNG library - runtime
ii  libpwdb0g       0.54preD-2     Password database library for Linux-PAM [lib
ii  libreadlineg2   2.1-7          GNU readline and history libraries, run-time
ii  libreadlineg2-d 2.1-7          GNU readline and history libraries, developm
ii  login           970616-1       Sign on to the system.
ii  lynx            2.7.1-3.1      Text-mode WWW Browser
ii  m4              1.4-7          a macro processing language
pi  magicfilter     1.2-12         automatic printer filter.
ii  mailx           8.1.1-4        A simple mail user agent.
ii  make            3.76.1-4       The GNU version of the "make" utility.
ii  makedev         1.6-26         Creates special device files in /dev.
ii  man-db          2.3.10-55      Display the on-line manual.
ii  manpages        1.17-3         Man pages about using a Linux system.
ii  manpages-dev    1.17-3         Linux-development man pages.
ii  mawk            1.3.3-1.1      a pattern scanning and text processing langu
ii  mbr             1.0.0-5        Master Boot Record for IBM-PC compatible com
ii  menu            1.5-5          provides update-menus functions for some app
ii  mh              6.8.4-15       A set of electronic mail handling programs.
ii  mime-support    2.12-1         MIME files 'mime.types' & 'mailcap', and sup
ii  mirror          2.8-10         Perl program for keeping ftp archives up-to-
ii  modconf         0.2.13         Device Driver Configuration
ii  modutils        2.1.55-4       Linux module utilities.
ii  mount           2.7f-1         Tools for mounting and manipulating filesyst
ii  mpack           1.5-3          Tools for encoding/decoding MIME messages.
ii  mtools          3.8-1          Tools for manipulating MSDOS files
ii  ncftp           2.4.2-2.1      A user-friendly and full-featured FTP client
ii  ncurses-base    1.9.9g-5       Video terminal manipulation - Minimum termin
ii  ncurses-bin     1.9.9g-5       Video terminal manipulation - associated pro
ii  ncurses-term    1.9.9g-5       Video terminal manipulation - additional ter
ii  ncurses3.0      1.9.9e-2       Old libc5 curses - shared libraries
ii  ncurses3.4      1.9.9g-5       Video terminal manipulation - shared librari
ii  ncurses3.4-dev  1.9.9g-5       Video terminal manipulation - Developer's li
ii  netbase         3.00-1         Basic TCP/IP networking binaries
ii  netdiag         0.6-1          Net-Diagnostics (trafshow,strobe,netwatch,st
ii  netstd          3.00-1         Networking binaries and daemons for Linux
ii  newsgate        1.6-3          Mail to News and News to Mail Gateway
ii  passwd          970616-1       Change and administer password and group dat
ii  patch           2.5-1          Apply a diff file to an original
ii  pdksh           5.2.12-4       A public domain version of the Korn shell
ii  perl            5.004.02-1     Larry Wall's Practical Extracting and Report
ii  perl-suid       5.004.02-1     Runs setuid perl scripts.
ii  pgp-us          2.6.3a-1       Public key encryption system (US version)
ii  procmail        3.10.7-1       Versatile e-mail processor.
ii  procps          1.12.2.1       The /proc file system utilities.
ii  proftpd         0.99.0pl10-1   Versatile, virtual-hosting FTP daemon
ii  pwgen           1-9            Automatic Password generation
ii  secure-su       970616-1       su with more security options
ii  sed             2.05-16        The GNU sed stream editor.
ii  sftp            0.90-1         Small ftp client with amazing features
ii  shellutils      1.16-6         The GNU shell programming utilities.
ii  slang0.99.38    0.99.38-2.10   The S-Lang programming library, shared libra
ii  smartlist       3.10.7-2       Versatile and Intelligent List Processor
ii  sniffit         0.3.3-1        System administrator TCP/IP snooping tool.
ii  ssh             1.2.21-2       ssh - a replacement for rlogin, rsh, rcp, an
ii  strace          3.1-13         A system call tracer.
ii  suidmanager     0.9            Manage File Permissions
ii  svgalib-dummyg1 1.2.11-1       Dummy replacement for svgalib1
ii  symlinks        1.0-5.1        scan/change symbolic links
ii  sysklogd        1.3-17.1       Kernel and system logging daemons
ii  sysutils        1.3.1          Miscellaneous small system utilities.
ii  sysvinit        2.72-3         System-V like init.
ii  tar             1.12-2         GNU tar
ii  tcl7.6          7.6p2-7        The Tool Command Language (TCL) v7.6 - Run-T
ii  tcl8.0          8.0p1-1        The Tool Command Language (TCL) v8.0 - Run-T
ii  tcpdump         3.4a4-1        A powerful tool for network monitoring and d
ii  tcsh            6.07.02-5      TENEX C Shell, an enhanced version of Berkel
ii  termcap-compat  1.1.0          Compatibility package for termcap-based prog
ii  tetex-base      0.4pl8-4       teTeX library files
pi  tetex-bin       0.4pl8-3       teTeX binary files
ii  tetex-extra     0.4pl8-2       teTeX library files
ii  textutils       1.22-2         The GNU text file processsing utilities.
ii  time            1.7-1          The GNU time command.
ii  timezone        7.55-2         Data files needed to set your local time
ii  tinyirc         1.1-2          A _Tiny_ IRC Client
ii  tk4.2           4.2p2-7        The Tk toolkit for TCL and X11 v4.2 - Run-Ti
ii  tree            1.2-4          displays directory tree, in color
ii  unzip           5.32-1         De-archiver for .zip files
ii  update          1.3-2          daemon to periodically flush filesystem buff
ii  util-linux      2.7.1-2        Miscellaneous system utilities.
ii  verse           0.17           Daily Devotional Verse from KJV Bible
ii  watchdog        3.1-1          A software watchdog
ii  wenglish        1.0-6          English dictionary words for /usr/dict
ii  wget            1.4.5-0.1      utility to retrieve files from the WWW via H
rc  xfnt75          3.3.1-1        75dpi fonts for X servers
rc  xfntbase        3.3.1-1        Standard fonts for X servers
ii  xlib6g          3.3.1-1        Shared libraries required by X clients
ii  xlib6g-dev      3.3.1-1        Include files and libraries for X client dev
ii  xntp3           5.90-9         Network Time Protocol clients and server
ii  xpm-bin         3.4j-0.5       X Pixmap libraries - associated binaries
ii  xpm4g           3.4j-0.5       X Pixmap libraries (for libc6) - runtime
ii  xpm4g-dev       3.4j-0.5       X Pixmap libraries (for libc6) - development
ii  zlib1g          1.0.4-7.1      compression library - runtime
ii  zlib1g-dev      1.0.4-7.1      compression library - development
ii  zmailer         2.99.49.8-1    Mailer for Extreme Performance Demands
ii  zsh             3.0.5-1        A shell with lots of features.