Re: Electrical Engineering / IC design packages

On Fri, Nov 07, 1997 at 08:04:27PM +0100, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> I found Prospective Packages for Debian GNU/Linux at
> 	http://www.de.debian.org/doc/prospective-packages.html
> where several not yet debianised (but desired) packages were listed.
>
> IC design is an area where unix is important and where for a tremendous
> amount of tools source code is available (although most of the
> commercial one are only available as binary for commercial unixes). I do
> not know any distribution (even for commercial systems), which has many
> of these free packages included.

I am certainly interested in these packages
and especially in seeing debian packages made
available of them. I will try to look at doing some more packages
over the few months of holidays I am starting in two weeks time.

There are quite a few other developers into EE too I think.

Thanks for the links.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt, StudIEAust              hamish@debian.org, hmoffatt@mail.com
Student, computer science & computer systems engineering.    3rd year, RMIT.