Re: Problems with printing postscript files

On Mon, Oct 27, 1997 at 12:06:34PM +0100, Christian Leutloff wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've upgraded to hamm and now printing of  postscript files fails. It
> is possible to print normal text files. ghostscript seems to work fine
> as gv shows the files pretty fine. The print job arrives at the
> printer but it is corrupted. The first lines prints fine (ehm, with
> some unnecessary dots here and there) and afterwards there are only
> symbols and useless characters, so that I have to abort the
> printing.
>
> Where can I search for the problem??
>
> The printer is a HP DeskJet 500 and I'm using magicfilter, lprng,
> ghostscript (4.03/5.03).
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> Thanks
>      Christian

Do you happen to be running Linux kernel 2.1.60?  Printing is completely hosed in this particular kernel, so if this is the problem, you might want to revert to 2.1.59 or 2.0.31.

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.inconnect.com/~andersen/
                   email:  andersee@debian.org