Problems with printing postscript files

Hello,

I've upgraded to hamm and now printing of  postscript files fails. It
is possible to print normal text files. ghostscript seems to work fine
as gv shows the files pretty fine. The print job arrives at the
printer but it is corrupted. The first lines prints fine (ehm, with
some unnecessary dots here and there) and afterwards there are only
symbols and useless characters, so that I have to abort the
printing.

Where can I search for the problem??

The printer is a HP DeskJet 500 and I'm using magicfilter, lprng,
ghostscript (4.03/5.03).

Any Ideas?

Thanks
     Christian