Re: Architecture all

Goswin Brederlow <goswin.brederlow@student.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
> It migth not only be a problem for users, but also it gets downloaded
> when one gets all Packages for arch foo or if the Packages for foo
> only are mirrored and not the complete distribution with links. It
> might save some space on some mirrors and save people the download if
> the package depends on whatever the wraped package depends on. In this
> case i386 and alpha. (Personally I would vote to remove anything that
> gets downloaded but is useless, but thats just my private, selfish
> thoughts.)

I'm much more concerned with a similar case: a new version of a package
(or worse, a package which replaces an existing package) becoming
available, something it depends on is not available.

You can easily wind up with a new package not completely installed
to replace what used to be a perfectly functional package.

--
Raul