Re: Once again: libc6 packages compatibility etc...

> > > Is that correct (including the `g' placement) ?
> >
> > Actually I placed the `g' before the version in my package.  What is
> > the correct way to do this?  What is Redhat doing?
>
> So what's the consensus for the `g' ? Before of after the lib soname ?

I'll put my vote in for "after".  It makes it much easier to see.  When
the "g" is right next to the text name, it's easy to miss.

Just a thought to toss around...

A number of packages are split into pieces something like "libpkg_..."
and "pkg-dev_...".  Becaues of the different prefixes on the name, it
makes it harder to recognize the packages belong together.  In addition,
since the libs are already under "libs/", the "lib..." prefix is somewhat
redundant.  What if we were to remove the "lib..." prefix to distinguish
those that depend on libc6?  Eventually, once all of libc5 gets purged, we
would have a somewhat cleaner looking system.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )