ANNOUNCE: New list for implementing our Documentation policy [was Re: Intention to re-write /usr/sbin/install-info

Hi folks!

The recent discussion of "Intention to re-write /usr/sbin/install-info"
and "Documentation Policy" (some time ago) has shown me that everyone here
seems to have an opinion of how we should handle documentation files. This
is great, since it will bring our users lots of documentation :-)

Anyways, I think it's time to implement our new Documentation policy.
Since this also affects the installation of GNU info manuals, I think we
should start right now. It does not make sense to change our packages from
install-info to a new script and change everything again in a few weeks.

As I bet not everyone here on debian-devel is intrested on this topic, I
suggest to use the new mailing list

	debian-devel-topic-1@lists.debian.org

The list has already been set up, so everyone can subscribe.

Note, that we'll discuss how to implement the new documentation policy.
We'll _not_ discuss the documentation policy again.

Topics:
	- Debian Documentation Policy Manual
	- doc-base package
	- install-info
	- ...

I'll report the results to debian-devel from time to time. As always, all
policy changes will be presented to public (debian-devel) before they
become official policy.

Thanks,

Chris

--                  Christian Schwarz
                   schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com
                  schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de

                PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA

 CS Software goes online! Visit our new home page at
 	                                     http://www.schwarz-online.com