Re: ANNOUNCE: New list for implementing our Documentation policy [was Re: Intention to re-write /usr/sbin/install-info

Christian Schwarz wrote on 11 Sep:
>	debian-devel-topic-1@lists.debian.org
>Note, that we'll discuss how to implement the new documentation policy.
>We'll _not_ discuss the documentation policy again.

Hmm... What is the new documentation policy?

I seem to remember that the discussion on documentation policy stopped a
month or so ago because you explicitly asked to postpone the discussion. I
didn't notice any kind of consensus being reached.

Was the discussion continued somewhere where I didn't notice it (I do read
debian-devel and debian-policy), or do I remember wrong?

Regarding debian-devel-topic-1: Is it archived somewhere?

I only read your message now (10 days after you wrote it) because I've been
too busy lately to keep up with the Debian lists. Now, if
debian-devel-topic-1 isn't archived, I guess I have no way of reading the
discussion?

A problem with that sort of mailing lists is that, to read them, people have
to keep up with all the lists and subscribe quickly to all new lists they're
interested in. I at least don't have time for this, though I'd be interested
in some of the discussions. I probably wouldn't have time to contribute
much, but at least I'd like to read the stuff...

My suggestion to improve the situation: When this sort of "topic" lists are
created, set up archiving, and announce the URL for the archive in the same
message where you announce the address of the new list.

--
-=- Rjs -=- rjs@spider.compart.fi, rjs@lloke.dna.fi