Re: xlib6g and emacs (and others)

On Tue, Sep 09, 1997 at 04:28:57PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> yeah, I uploaded a libc6 version yesterday. Somehow (magically), libc6 now
> shows up in the ldd of the library too. I didn't fix that by hand, so dunno
> how that got there. :-)

I dunno either but it's there.  See below why this may not be good.

> Something else I've ben wondering about is if I ned something like a
> newxtawg package that is libc6, and keep a nextaw that is libc5. I really
> hope not. I've noticed that libc5 programs work ok with the new libc6
> nextaw, but I guess this may not be a good idea.

You may want both a nextaw and a nextawg package.  Since the new
nextaw has an explicit dependency on libc6, libc5 programs will no
longer use it.  I doubt this is what you intended.

David
--
David Engel                        ODS Networks
david@sw.ods.com                   1001 E. Arapaho Road