Re: Bug system severities

'Adrian Bridgett wrote:'

>I agree that discussing things amongst 300 people takes a long time, but
>discussion does make people think about what they are doing and their
>justification. Maybe there should be a small development group
>that could just "run over" decisions that affect Debian significantly -
>an email to five or ten of the "top" developers may result in some good
>ideas that hadn't previously been thought of.

Do you not appreciate the concept of "individual initiative"?  Progress
is made by individual efforts.  Of course, individuals make mistakes.
So we need to uphold a standard of "mistake mystique" which requires
individual developers to clean up their mistakes and the community to
help them (NOT criticism).

I do not believe that full committee approval is needed for Debian to
progress.

Of course, it would be foolish for an individual to embark on major
changes without consultation of the vast expertise in debian-devel.

--
Christopher J. Fearnley          |  Linux/Internet Consulting
cjf@netaxs.com                   |  Design Science Revolutionary