Re: Packages to go in 1.3.1r3 (Was: Debian Releases )

On Fri, 29 Aug 1997, Joost Kooij wrote:

> Guy Maor wrote:
> > Fair enough.  Let's make a 1.3.1.r3 [1] release so that most of its
> > contents move into bo.  Then I will change bo-updates to bo-untested.
> > That will affect the mirrors as little as possible.
> >
> > Brian, you and I both go through the packages there and decide which
> > packages should be installed, rejected, or require further testing (ie
> > - remain in bo-testing).  Then we compare our lists and resolve any
> > disagreements.  After that I'll make a release.
> I have a last-minute request: can the dpkg, dpkg-dev and kernel-package
> packages from hamm be included in 1.3.1r3?

As far as I know the dpkg in hamm is compiled against libc6 and can't
possibly be put into bo.

> There seem to be problems with dpkg-gencontrol with the versions that
> are currently in bo when building a kernel with kernel-package. I
> upgraded these packages a month ago and they installed fine and solved
> the problems. Recently I've read reports from other people running into
> problems when make-kpkg'-ing on a 1.3.1 system.
Is this the "locking" problem? I had this problem with a "standard" 1.3.1
system for a while. At some point the problem went away and I have no idea
what changed on my system to "fix" the problem.