Re: Debian Releases (was: Show me the money)

On Thu, Aug 28, 1997 at 01:40:32PM -0500, Guy Maor wrote:
> Brian White <bcwhite@verisim.com> writes:
>
> > It won't make any difference.  It should be as obvious as possible what
> > its purpose is without that.  Its affordance says "bo updates" in a
> > far louder voice than the readme says "bo untested".
>
> Fair enough.  Let's make a 1.3.1.r3 [1] release so that most of its
> contents move into bo.  Then I will change bo-updates to bo-untested.
> That will affect the mirrors as little as possible.
>
> Brian, you and I both go through the packages there and decide which
> packages should be installed, rejected, or require further testing (ie
> - remain in bo-testing).  Then we compare our lists and resolve any
> disagreements.  After that I'll make a release.
>
> I'll make my list tonight and mail to debian-qa.

This changes would be very good. PLease consider changing the symlinks to
correct them. At the moment, they show:

ftp> dir
200 PORT command successful.
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for /bin/ls.
total 2724
drwxr-xr-x   13 10248    1608        1024 Aug 28 18:10 .
drwxr-xr-x   16 10248    1608        1024 Jul 15 23:17 ..
lrwxrwxrwx    1 10248    1608           6 Apr 17 15:17 .message -> README
lrwxrwxrwx    1 10248    1608           2 Jun  6 12:54 Debian-1.3 -> bo
lrwxrwxrwx    1 10248    1608           2 Jul  2 23:25 Debian-1.3.1 -> bo

...and this both shouldn't be equal, I think.

Thank you, Marcus

> [1] It will be called revision 3 because there were 2 slipstream
> changes to bo.  First, I removed a few packages from bo and hamm
> outright - npasswd-boulder was so buggy as to be downright dangerous;
> qcrack, mailpgp, and color-cal had unclear and missing copyrights, and
> the maintainer ignored repeated requests to correct them.
>
> Second, new bootdisks were added at one point.  I should have
> documented these changes in the ChangeLog earlier, but I will now.
> Mea culpa.
>

> Guy
>

> --

"Rhubarb is no Egyptian god."