Re: Way to switch easily (Was: Re: Egcs, gcc, and Debian)

Goswin Brederlow <goswin.brederlow@student.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

> Shame for you if you don't use it and shame for all Makefiles that don't
> use it.

Hello???? Wake up!!! It's not an issue who you wish to put the blame on.
It's a fact that there are a shitload of programs using makefiles and not
using CC=, and just because you, or the majority of the people, don't agree
with that kind of usage, it is there. Ignoring that fact is plain stupidity.

And please explain the reason why I should erase all small programs I have,
just because they happen to be in one file, and doesn't need a makefile,
even for portability.

/Stefan

--
| Stefan Berndtsson  | Stefan on IRC, hades.valhall.net |