Re: Installing from floppies

Oh, there used to be a way to download stuff "split" from one of the
web pages, actually.  emacs for win95 would actually work for
splitting stuff[1], but that might be overkill.  I'd guess that building
dpkg-split for win95 (ie. using cygwin32) might not be too hard,
actually, if someone is motivated to do so...  But yeah, if your only
cdrom drive is on a DOS box that you're not upgrading, that could be
useful.

[1] as would emacs for macintosh -- I had to use it for just this
purpose when a pcmcia upgrade bit me, a year back or so; you just have
pull down the mac-menu for filetypes to select the "be reasonable"
option :-)