Re: Egcs, gcc, and Debian

On Sun, 17 Aug 1997, Galen Hazelwood wrote:

> If this is so, then I'll go ahead and package the current snapshot
> myself (unless somebody else really wants it).  I'm not sure how (or if)
> it will coexist with gcc; as somebody else noted, it's not easy to have
> multiple native compilers coexisting.  I'll see what I can do.

I think ben mentioned this, alot of badly behaved make files and configure
scripts might cause grief to people who want to use egcs as the compiler
for a package, it would be really nice to be able to have a way to
globally switch between compilers, but I haven't the faintest idea what
would be involved..

Jason