Re: dpkg.rpm?

On Aug 1, Paul Seelig wrote
> On Fri, 1 Aug 1997 jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl wrote:
>
> > On Jul 31, Mark Eichin wrote
   [dpkg in RPM format?]
  [alien + alien-extra]
> There is no need actually for dpkg on other systems than Debian for
> manually unpacking or transforming via alien any *.deb archive.

dpkg is more than dpkg-deb. For example, Debian {pre,post}{inst,rm} files
could query dpkg. It could therefore be that alien-extra included dpkg to
provide for such cases. Not having used alien or alien-extra, I could not be
sure that ar would be sufficient, and made a "safe" guess.

Ray
--
Tevens ben ik van mening dat Nederland overdekt dient te worden.