Re: Re^2: Link to Japanese Debian?

Fabrizio Polacco <fpolacco@icenet.fi> writes:

> Thanks to Michele Dalla Silvestra <dalla@pluto.linux.it> Debian has the
> resque disk almost fully translated in Italian
> 	(ftp://ftp.pluto.linux.it:/pub/debian-it/)
> and now I'm trying to push this effort upstream to Sven's boot-floppies.
>
> I am very strongly on the side to have a full set of installation disks
> where the user can choose the language (with cdrom installation space
> isn't an issue anymore; we should also provide disks images for each
> language).
>
> This is not the easiest thing because most script should be rewritten in
> a language that accept localization.

Right. Michele's disks don't follow these principles, so it makes no
sense to integrate the manually edited dinstall into the boot-floppies
package. I won't keep them in sync.

The italian floppies as distributed know make a good interim solution,
but I don't want to get involved.

And we need some way to cooperate on one package. I don't want to
integrate twenty languages via e-mailed patches. A central CVS
repository were nice ...

	Sven
--
Sven Rudolph <sr1@inf.tu-dresden.de> ; WWW : http://www.sax.de/~sr1/