Re^2: Link to Japanese Debian?

Am 29.07.97 schrieb jim # jimpick.com ...

Moin Jim!

JP> My feeling is that the current structure of the "main" Debian
JP> project is very English-oriented -- so it probably isn't suitable

That's a reall problem in my opinion. In Germany there're a lot of
distributions like SuSE, Unifix or DLD that offers a installation
procedure in German language. And the most beginners really love this
distributions for this feature.

JP> I'd like to see the "main" Debian project provide some more support
JP> for such "satellite" distributions.

We should start to include foreign package descriptions in the control
file for important languages like Spanish, France and German. Be should
set up teams for this translation work. The package maintainer could send
his English description to a mailing list and will get a translation from
every team.

cu, Marco

--
Uni: Budde@tu-harburg.d400.de      Fido: 2:240/5202.15