Re: Time to remove rex?

On 29 Jul 1997, Guy Maor wrote:

> Is it appropriate to remove rex (Debian 1.2) from the ftp archive?

No!  Please dont.

At my local library, rex is the only distro that works on the 386sx that
we have for people to telnet out and check their email.  It uses a dialup
(ppp) connection.

Every blinking time I upgrade to 1.3, I *cannot* make pppd dial out.  And
when I dial out by hand, pppd wont take the bait and finish flipping the
line over to the right protocol.

I keep having to downgrade to 1.2.

I even saved the binaries for "chat" and "pppd" from the 1.2 and copied em
over to /usr/bin and overwrote the new bins after upgrading to 1.3, and
that *still* didnt solve anything.

So I think we really need to keep 1.2.

Please?  Thanks =]

Don Dibos