Re: Time to remove rex?

SirDibos <jwalther@citytel.net> writes:

> Every blinking time I upgrade to 1.3, I *cannot* make pppd dial out.  And
> when I dial out by hand, pppd wont take the bait and finish flipping the
> line over to the right protocol.

Then I suggest you upgrade a little at a time so you can identify
which package has the problem.  Though I suspect the problem is simply
that you need some new parameter in the configuration file for pppd,
and not that the package is itself buggy.  (I use pppd from 1.3 every
day.)

> I even saved the binaries for "chat" and "pppd" from the 1.2 and copied em
> over to /usr/bin and overwrote the new bins after upgrading to 1.3, and
> that *still* didnt solve anything.

Ugh.  Surely you can save the packages for chat and pppd and downgrade
them instead of copying binaries around.

Guy