Re: Diety UI draft

Raul Miller wrote:

> I'm not concerned with the exact language so much as I'm concerned with
> understanding my installation.  If there's some other way that whenever
> I see the symbol "obsolete", I can distinguish between replacement available
> and replacement not available, I'm happy.

Ah-ha!  I think I now understand where you're coming from!

The difference is that if there is a replacement, the old package will
not be shown to be obsolete, instead the replacement package will be
trated as an upgrade to the obsolete package.  All you will see is
the new package as an upgrade.  In effect the replacement package is
considered an alternate version of the obsoleted package.

Bear in mind that the fact that an obsolete package is being removed
and replaced by a replacement package will be made clear in the
confirmation screen at the end of the selection phase (the beginning
of the installation phase.  The user has a chance to see exactly what's
about to be done on their computer (and must conifirm those actions)
before the installation process takes place.  (btw, by installation
process, I mean the method whereby packages are upgraded/downgraded/
replaced/purged/etc.)

Does this alleviate your concerns?

(Damn!  I'm getting a very good idea where the design haven't come
across adequately in this document!)

Thanks,

Behan

--