Re: Diety UI draft

Raul Miller wrote:

> Behan Webster <behanw@verisim.com> wrote:
> > Your reaction tells me that my document isn't clear enough. I will
> > try to tighten that up for the next version.
>
> Indeed, it would be nice to be able to distinguish between an
> obsolete package (where one or more superseeding packages are
> listed) and a depreciated package (which simply is not available).

The problem being that I'm not sure how we could tell the difference.

The only way I can think of detecting a depricated package is that
if a package maintainer re-uploads the depricated package with
"depricated" in it's keyword list.  Do maintainers really want to
do that?

Do you have any other ideas?

Behan

--