Re: OpusTeX copyright and distribution policy

> From: Anthony Fok <foka@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>

Gee, I'm afraid this is a sloppy license.
First of all, they state in the first line that one of the authors doesn't
agree with the license. Ugh. Who knows what legal complications that could
introduce. They should cut that out right away.

Then they say you can't sell it except for maint., support, and duplication
costs, when most CD manufacturers also have _profit_ in the equation. Not
a lot of profit, and certainly not profit solely from MisiXTeX, but these
people want to make a buck from being in the CD business.

I'd say it goes in non-free. I think you should encourage the authors to
use the Artistic license, as that seems closest to their intent.

	Thanks

	Bruce

--
Bruce Perens K6BP   bruce@pixar.com   510-215-3502