Re: Debian support for Ultra ATA controller cards

On Thu, 3 Jul 1997, Curtis L. Daugaard wrote:

> I have been unable to find out whether drivers are available or under
> development for this new generation of IDE cards.  I have a Promise
> Ultra33 and Debian 1.3 will not recognize the drives on the card during
> installation.

I maintain the Linux Incompatibility List at lil.ashpool.com.  I took a
look, and there *is* an entry for a promise card, but not your model.  If
you find it isn't compatible, it would be appreciated if you would take a
few moments to enter it via the CGI at the site.

I suppose you've already tried the Hardware HOWTO?

> Can anyone provide information?

Should you not receive a definitive answer here, you may want to try a
more general group, such as comp.os.linux{hardware,general,misc} to see if
the card is supported at all - if you haven't tried there already.

Good luck,

David Welton
davidw@efn.org  davidw@freenet.hut.fi  http://www.efn.org/~davidw
Se quest'email e` in Italiano, mi dispiace per gli errori:-) FORZA PANTANI!
			 --Debian GNU/Linux--