Debian support for Ultra ATA controller cards

I will confess I joined this list to try to find an answer to a question
that I've been unable to gain any light on.

I have been unable to find out whether drivers are available or under
development for this new generation of IDE cards.  I have a Promise
Ultra33 and Debian 1.3 will not recognize the drives on the card during
Can anyone provide information?

C.L. Daugaard