Re: Hamm: Exim + Chos standard?

Quoting Mark Baker (mbaker@iee.org):
> > It might be good if we would replace smail in hamm with exim.
> I agree entirely. Though we should keep smail for people who use smail
> elsewhere and don't want to switch.

Let me remind you of one thing...

Both qmail (which proved insecure <most evil grin>) and Exim are not capable
of UUCP or even bang paths! So a lot of those guys in countries where phone
costs are terrible (like in Germany) still use it and they WILL have a problem

I consider this a big problem for many Europeans.

And it is not sure if all uucp uplinks are talking rsmtp yet.

"Video killed the radio star ... then the Shi^H^Hpice Girls killed the rest."
Alexander Koch - <>< - aka efraim - PGP - 0xA78FB1E9 - Munich - Germany