Re: How do we encourage bug reports?

Guy Maor writes:
 > Thomas Koenig <ig25@mvmap66.ciw.uni-karlsruhe.de> writes:
 >
 > > How do we encourage users to submit more bug reports when something
 > > goes wrong?
 >
 > Perhaps the `bug' package should be priority standard?  It does make
 > bug reporting much easier.

 Yes, and when it installs itself, from `deity', it should stop with a
message to be read, (any key to continue) which advertises `bug's
presence and explains how, why, and when to use it, and invites people
to do so.

 I think that `sysnews' should be installed by default also, and used
by packages to announce themselves and point out the new manual pages.

 Manuals should be installed by an interface which puts links to them
in the .n section, and then a cron job would remove the link after 30
to 60 days.  This way you can look up new manuals, and find them all
in one section.  (not the man-db ones, just per-package manuals.)

--
Karl M. Hegbloom <karlheg@inetarena.com>
http://www.inetarena.com/~karlheg