Re: GOAL: Consistent Keyboard Configuration

well, there is a half-baked idea that I've seen go by: in emacs, *if*
the user has done an stty erase ^h (ie. if the ltchars erase entry is ^h)
then treat ^h as backspace, otherwise treat it as help-char...

However, that's not going into debian emacs unless it goes into the
upstream version (19.35 due out soon...)  (I'm very interested in
solutions to this issue that have near universal buy-in, just to get
everyone to shut up about it :-) :-) :-) since I maintain both emacs
*and* X, and thus see *all* of the complaints, not just some of
them...)
			_Mark_ <eichin@kitten.gen.ma.us>
			The Herd of Kittens
			A Debian Maintainer