Re: GOAL: Consistent Keyboard Configuration

Hi,
>>"Karl" == Karl M Hegbloom <karlheg@inetarena.com> writes:

Karl> The newest XEmacs, 20.2 (compiled here w/o MULE), works fine for
Karl> me, in that the backspace key deletes to the left, and delete
Karl> sucks characters from the right, as you would expect after using
Karl> a DOS/Windows PC.  I used `xkeycaps` to ensure that
Karl> [<-Backspace] sends ^H, and [Delete] sends ^?.  I haven't had to
Karl> load any special libraries to make it work like this, though in
Karl> my site-start.el, I have:

Karl> (define-key global-map '(control h) 'backward-delete-char)

Karl> .... since [F1] works just fine for a help key. :-)

	See, I think this is buggy. I have been using Emacs for nearly
 a decade now, and nobody takes my C-H default away from me (in other
 words, people have had exposure to applications like emacs on other
 Unix platforms (and other distributions of Linux), and they should
 not have to change their expectations of finding help on C-H just
 because they run Debian)

	Change thingslike this around, and see another jihad erupt ;-)

	manoj
 feeling like an old dog
--
 What do you call three lawyers up to their necks in quicksand?  Not
 enough quicksand.