Re: GOAL: Consistent Keyboard Configuration

On May 24, Christian Schwarz wrote
> I just read the excellent article "Consisten Keyboard Configuration" by
> John F. Bunch in the Linux Journal, issue #38.

One of the things I missed in that article was how to get the console and X
to use the same composite definitions.

On my system, I've made the console keymap VIM-Compatible(R); see Bug #9782.
I'd love to see /etc/init.d/boot support multiple keytables
(e.g. "cat us.map vim-compat.map | loadkeys"); this way I could have the
composite definition separate from the underlying keyboard.

Does anyone know how to get X to use the same composite definitions as the
console is using?

TIA,
Ray
--
J.H.M. Dassen                 | RUMOUR  Believe all you hear. Your world may
jdassen@wi.LeidenUniv.nl      | not be a better one than the one the blocks