Re: Kernel 2.0.30 a bad choice for 1.3

Alexander Koch <efraim@desire.camelot.de> writes:

> 2.0.30 has some problems, undoubtedly. I don't know if they're all fixed with
> 2.0.30-6 (it works perfectly fine here) but a usual 2.0.30 is poison...
>
> Do you acively 'use' these features? Do you know the drawbacks and
> implications?

I can tell you this: my LAN uses IP masquerading.  IP masq is broken
horribly in 2.0.30.  If I were not keeping up with the news on this, I
would blindly install 2.0.30 and proceed to bring down my LAN, thus
cutting my off from the Internet for everything.

I have heard that there are various other networking bugs as well, no
confirmation, though.

--
John Goerzen          | Running Debian GNU/Linux (www.debian.org)
Custom Programming    |