Re: Problem with menu package !

> Hi !
>
> I am a new maintainer and I have a problem with the menu package.
>
> Some explanations:
> * the postinst runs update-menus; it doesn't differ from other
> packages which use the menu system
> * after running update-menus manually as root the entries appear; same
> if I run the postinst manually as root after installing

That is indeed a more-or-less known bug in the update-menus programme.
I'm going to fix that, but I'm somewhat surprised, as there is a
hack menu-0.11 that should make it work OK for you (if you run
dpkg -i sports.deb). Are you using dpkg to install more than one
packge at the same time?

Anyway, just release your package as it is now, and tell everybody
that with menu-1.0 it should work OK.

> Second question:
> The package is a billiards game. Is it ok to introduce a new section
> Sports in Games like seen above or should I press it in another
> section (where ?) ?

It's OK with me, except that you do run the risk of creating another
next-to-empty section. Maybe "Adventure" is better? (I'm just
not sure).

Thanks,

--
joost witteveen     joostje@debian.org

I came, I saw, ..., well, it wasn't free so I left again. (LUA, 1988)