Re: New Web Pages are out

"Susan G. Kleinmann" <sgk@kleinmann.com> writes:

> I think you can do it with this line in your .Xdefaults file (or whatever
> file you use to customize your X apps):
>
> Netscape*documentColorsHavePriority:            False

But then this will cause the user trouble with all the pages that
legitimately set the background color.  I would call it legitimate any
time the page doesn't follow the prevalent "dark text on light
background" "standard", like all those light text on black pages out
there.

I'd say if your page just has a white (or the common motif grey)
background, then you shouldn't force the background unless that
particular white or grey is *critical* to your design.

--
Rob