Re: Changes to menu packgae

>  Another idea for the menu package:
>
>  Why don't change the location into a non-hierarchical indentifier, like
> `irc-client'. There should be a file that maps that into the hierarchy.
> That would provide sysadmins the ability of fully customize the menu
> layout. eg: If I just have three or four games, I may want to put them all
> in the same `menu folder'.
>  What do you think?

I think that if you put in your /etc/menu-methods/translate-menus the lines:

  subtranslate section->section
     Apps/Games/  Games/      #any entry whose $section="Apps/Games"
     Games/       Games/      #any entry whose $section="Apps/Games"
  endtranslate

(note the first word is "subtranslate", not substitute), then you
will get what you want. Please tell me if I misunderstood you.

--
joost witteveen     joostje@debian.org

I came, I saw, ..., well, it wasn't free so I left again. (LUA, 1988)