Re: Should wg15 be splitted?

Fabrizio Polacco <fpolacco@icenet.fi>

> Can we debate this idea or should we wait for Ian implementing the
> partial installation of a package (that is anyway needed) ?
>
> The idea arose because of the huge occupation of disk space required by
> a fully localized system using the monolitic way as wg15 is built now.
>
> Splitting wg15 in a base package plus one package for each language
> permits the user to install only the languages that he wants, and
> contemporaneously gives to the system a good discriminant about the
> installation of parts of packages (docs and message catalogs in various
> languages).
>
> comments?
>
> Fabrizio
  One reason I'm alligned on this, is that it will give more ability to
add language information, and translations.  Without making such additions
look like orphans... 'man' pages only, 'hello' messages only, etc... but
rather a full system, that is open and growing.

  I think it will also give users the feeling that their language is fully
supported, to see it there in the open :-)

  But what are people thinking about configurations? Like, selecting a
country...