Re: So nobody wants to see Debian/MIPS ?!?!?

On 24 Jan 1997, Mark Eichin wrote:

> Umm, perhaps that's because there's much less old MIPS hardware than,
> say, old Sun hardware, so noone can actually do much to help?  Even
> for an "easier" release like sparc or sun3, we still need to start
> with redhat...

The point here is that he has everything (more or less) prepared
and wants to know which way to go. He can either start producing a RH
distribution or a Debian distribution (he might need some help there
since there seems to be a slight problem with the port of perl he did).

So far he almost only received replies to go for RedHat.

When he goes to start supporting Debian, we will get new people who DO
HAVE MIPS hardware.

If he starts producing Debian packages, this will be the standard MIPS
distribution and if the RedHat people want to produce one they will have
to take Debian/MIPS and convert it.

Why, only because RH already has a SPARC and ALPHA port do they need to
have the MIPS port first too ?

To speak with Data and Mr. Spock:  "This is illogical"

<Flameshield>
Or are you all only able of jumping on the already running wagon ?
</Flameshield>

Mike

Michael Neuffer                i-Connect.Net, a Division of iConnect Corp.
mike@i-Connect.Net             Home of the Debian Master Server.
mike@debian.org                14355 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 140
503.641.8774                   Beaverton, OR 97005