Should wg15 be splitted?

Orn E. Hansen wrote:

> (I wrote):
> > Another solution would be to break wg15 into several packages,
> > one for each language plus a base package for the common staff.
>
> That's a good idea...

Can we debate this idea or should we wait for Ian implementing the
partial installation of a package (that is anyway needed) ?

The idea arose because of the huge occupation of disk space required by
a fully localized system using the monolitic way as wg15 is built now.

Splitting wg15 in a base package plus one package for each language
permits the user to install only the languages that he wants, and
contemporaneously gives to the system a good discriminant about the
installation of parts of packages (docs and message catalogs in various
languages).

comments?

Fabrizio
| fpolacco@icenet.fi  fpolacco@debian.org  fpolacco@megabaud.fi |
| fingerprint  70 1A 72 2D 2B C8 A5 63  7A C2 CC E0 2A 54 AE DA |
| finger for PGP key: fpolacco@master.debian.org                |