Re: More support European users in Debian

>Doesn't this mean that the LANG setting is shared by all users?
>If so, I'll desagree.
>I know that 90% of the boxes will be used by only one person in only one
>language, but I would like to see the system allowing different users to
>use different languages settings, contemporary or not, from the console
>(means using the same keyboard) or logging from remote/serial

Hear hear...

However an initial setup with LANG wouldn't hurt... as long as its running
functionality wouldn't be removed.

Thus a user in Holland would choose LANG=nl as his initial setup, and the
system would work in that locale as default (as opposed to english as default),
but a user could change his own LANG variable to reflect another language
environment for his private use, just as now.

Ørn Einar Hansen                         oe.hansen@halmstad.mail.telia.com
                                    fax; +46 035 217194

This message was delayed because the list mail delivery agent was down.