Re: More support European users in Debian

Winfried Truemper wrote:

> My suggestion would be to try to derive most of the rest of the
> country-specific configuration from the LANG-variable. So if we
> set this variable very early in the setup process every setup-script
> would be able to make at least good guesses (and ask the user about
> them).
> For the LANG-variable a place to affect every shell/programm would be
> the holy "/etc/init.d/boot". Simple and effective.

Doesn't this mean that the LANG setting is shared by all users?
If so, I'll desagree.
I know that 90% of the boxes will be used by only one person in only one
language, but I would like to see the system allowing different users to
use different languages settings, contemporary or not, from the console
(means using the same keyboard) or logging from remote/serial
connections.

fabrizio
| fpolacco@icenet.fi  fpolacco@debian.org  fpolacco@megabaud.fi |
| fingerprint  70 1A 72 2D 2B C8 A5 63  7A C2 CC E0 2A 54 AE DA |
| finger for PGP key: fpolacco@master.debian.org                |
> non scampa, tra chi veste da parata, chi veste una risata.[fg]|

This message was delayed because the list mail delivery agent was down.