Re: Problems with 1.2.1

On Sat, 11 Jan 1997, Christian Schwarz wrote:

> IMHO the main problem is the way we handle uploads to stable. We need
> something like a freeze for the 1.2.x versions, too.

A freeze should be meant seriously. A freeze for every 1.2.x (x=1..n)
release would become routine, not something that attracts serious
attention of the developers.
As somebody else already pointed out, the 1.1-series showed that it can
work without seperate freezes (just be conservative policy).

-Winfried