Re: Policy: dealing with bugs

On Thu, 9 Jan 1997, Lars Wirzenius wrote:

liw >	<p>Once you have fixed the bug, leave it open in the
liw >	bug system until you have uploaded the next version of
liw >	the package, and it has been installed into the main
liw >	ftp site. This makes sure that the person who reported
liw >	the bug can immediately download it and check that the
liw >	bug is indeed fixed.
liw >
liw >Comments?

By that time I have forgotten all about the bug. I prefer making the
change in the sourcecode and then clearing the bug report. The package
will be released after a couple of fixes and improvements have
accumulated.

Please always CC me when replying to posts on mailing lists.