Re: Upcoming Debian Releases

> Just like now we have a section such as x11 or libs, let non-free be a
> section.
>
> Shaya

I disagree.  Having non-free be a section would be simpler.  However,
I prefer the idea of creating separate distribution separate from
Debian - but in parallel development.

One practical reason for doing this would be so the non-free packages
could be categorized also.  There are 87 non-free packages right now,
and that could easily blossom into hundreds, or even thousands.  That's
too much for a single category.

Plus, if we could get the process of having separate parallel distributions,
then we could easily create an e-text distribution if necessary.

It looks like Debian is just too successful.  :-)

Cheers,

 - Jim