Re: debian menu's

[ Please don't Cc: me when replying to my message on a mailing list. ]

Michel LESPINASSE:
> Could it be possible to provide both a short and a long description ?

I really think we want to keep things simple -- only one text for
the menu entry, please.

Menu entries should be kept down to a few words, to avoid making
the menus bigger (wider) than necessary. If people want to know
what a program does, they can use man or dwww to learn more about
the program. Or they could start it -- menu entries should be
safe (especially since they are going to be invoked by accident).

There's another thing that should be thought about: multiple
language support. I don't know how this should be implemented
(multiple menu files, one per language?), but sooner or later
it must be. Doesn't have to happen at once. Let's get the menus
working and populated first.