Linux 2.1

I was just wondering whether 2.0.21 had been succeeded by a newer patch ---
and the answer is yes and no.

No for a 2.0.x patch, but yes as the development of 2.1 has started on Sep 30
with a 2.0.21-2.1.0 patch of 310 kB gzipped!!! Now, I haven't looked into
Usenet in a long time, so have you heard what the kernel development is up to
these days?  Are the goals of 2.1 public somewhere?

Anyway, as 2.0 seems to have converged (no patch since Sep 20), we might want
to compile a new set of kernel-{image,source,headers}, bootdisks, pcmcia
modules etc.

--
Dirk Eddelb"uttel                             http://qed.econ.queensu.ca/~edd